Friday 16 May 2014

How Your Surroundings Influence Your Blog






Building the Ideal Home Office

photo credit: Jeremy Levine Design via photopin cc 



Where you write is as important as what you write. Think about it, if you're in a room full of screaming kids how much are you going to accomplish? Not a hell of a lot. You're environment has a huge effect on your productivity.

Working from home may sound like the ideal situation, but it won't be if you don't consider your working environment. You need to have a space you can call your own, and time to get things done.

Lighting is also an important consideration. If you're working in a dingy, damp, and cold basement, you're not going to produce you're best work. You just won't. However, if you work in a nice, sunlit home office, with a big bay window, it can't help but have a positive effect on your mood. I'd wager a guess your work will be the better for it.

I don't think most of us give a lot of consideration to our home work environment. I know I never really have. It's just something that kind of dawned on me recently.

You might be thinking you don't know my house. There isn't a peaceful place to hide. If it's hard to find your own little corner to hide in, consider a pair of quality headphones and some soothing music to drown out the background noise. It works for me!

How about you? Do you have the perfect space to get some work done at home? If not how do you cope? How do you get things done? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment